5 Tips For Taking A Road Trip While Pregnant
Ever been on a road trip and been uncomfortable the whole way? Well being pregnant amplifies that. I just drove from Vancouver to the Okanagan and I was definitely glad I prepped for it a bit. Even still, baby was making herself known on my right side, who knows why she likes chilling over there so much, but does she ever! So I was grateful for the moments we were able to get out of the car and stretch.
Here are a few things that made the trip a little easier.
Follow these tips to have a good trip!
- Wear loose clothing. If you’re travelling in summer, wear a dress! There’s nothing worse than constricting pants.
- Pack lots of snacks & water. Stay hydrated. If it makes you pee a lot that’s ok, getting out of the car often to move around is a good thing.
- Plan for those bathroom breaks. Either have some idea of where upcoming washrooms will be or pack some toilet paper if you’re cool with squatting when the urge arises.
- Lean your seat back. Give yourself and the baby a little extra room. It might not feel necessary at first, but trust me, it helps. You’ll find yourself needing to do it soon enough if you don’t right away.
- Get out for breaks often so you can stretch.
I still ended up holding my seat belt for a lot of the way, just so I wouldn’t feel the extra pressure. That and having a good conversation or podcast for distraction helped. Good luck on your journey!