A Different And Effective Way To Stretch Your Quads
Here’s a quad stretch you might not have thought of. It’s one I love to do. We do it a lot in dance classes.
NOTE: If you have any knee issues I’d suggest avoiding this stretch.
- Sit, with legs bent, left leg in front, right leg behind (see photo)
- Lean toward your left side, so that you can rest on your elbow. (If that feels too hard then you can stay up on your left wrist)
- Place your right hand just above your right bum, and gently help guide your right hip forward by pushing it with your hand (you should feel a stretch in your right quad)
- You can keep that position (keep pushing that right hip forward) while raising your right arm and moving it around, or over to the side, for a side stretch.
- Hold for at least 30 seconds.
- Repeat on the other side.
Oh yeah, ps, how’s my baby belly?! 🙂
(Photos taken by Kaelynn Shinkaruk at iDance Vancouver)