(Photo courtesy of matcollective.com)
Yep, it’s back!
We all know that Vancouver is obsessed with yoga. Well now there’s free outdoor yoga, every Monday through Saturday, all summer long.
It’s run through the non profit organization Mat Collective, and it’ll run rain or shine (this is Vancity after all…though some teachers will lead other activities such as a short meditation if it’s raining).
- Kits Beach 1015 Maple Street, Vancouver BC (I love this one, you get a view of the ocean & it’s on the grass just above the dog park!)
- Main Street 95 E 32nd Ave, Vancouver BC (in Riley Park, another lovely spot)
- Downtown (@the Van Art Gallery) 800 Robson Street, Vancouver BC (I’ve never ventured out to this one, seems a bit busy for me, plus they do it on pavement, so be ready for that!)
- Granville Island (@The Chain & Forge) 1404 Anderson St (also on pavement)
- East Van (@ Emily Carr’s Wilson Arts Plaza) 520 E 1st Ave (also on pavement)
- City Hall (@ Helena Gutteridge Plaza) 2600-2799 Yukon St (also on pavement)
Don’t forget, it’s free! You can tip the instructors if you’re able to, but there’s no pressure to do so.
To see the SCHEDULE, click here.
For info on the CLASS TYPES, click here.
You can even bring your fur babies! How great is that? 🙂
Don’t have a mat but want to take up classes? You can rent or buy mats from them (by appointment only). They recycle used yoga mats and give them new life. Pretty sweet. I’m all over the fact that they’re reducing yoga mat waste!
I’m eager to get to a class! Care to join me? Send me a DM on instagram @amandajanewebb or @siyaflo! And be on the lookout for special events they’ll be hosting too!
FOR MORE INFO:
- go to matcollective.com
- email email@example.com
- follow them on instagram @matcollectiveyvr
- visit their office: 95 E 32nd Ave, Vancouver